Add to Calendar
Desi LGBTQ+ Helpline for South Asians
100% confidential support for South Asian lesbian, gay, bi, queer, Trans, Non-BINARY, questioning individuals in the United States
What is DeQH?
- We are trained South Asian LGBQ/TGNB+ peer support volunteers
- Call or write us with questions, concerns, struggles, and hopes
- It’s always free — and 100% confidential
DeQH can help with…
- questions on gender, identity, coming out
- dealing with family, culture, or faith
- trying to find community in your area
- advice for a friend or family member
- listening as you work through things
(1) Write to us anytime 24/7 online email form
Fill out our online contact form. You’ll hear back from a trained volunteer within a week.
(2) Or call us by phone on Thursdays and/or Sundays 5-7pm evening nights
Trained volunteers are available to talk between:
- Thursdays, 8-10 PM Eastern (5-7 PM Pacific)
- Sundays, 8-10 PM Eastern (5-7 PM Pacific)
Call us at 908-367-3374 to talk.
(If you leave a message at any other time, we can call you back if requested.)
LGBQ/TGNB+? We serve individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning, intersex, transgender, gender non-binary, genderqueer, pansexual, kothi, hijra, and beyond.
South Asian? We serve people of South Asian heritage, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Tibet, as well as from South Asian communities in diaspora, such as Fiji and the Caribbean.